跳至主要内容

I did my job as an NFL beat writer and asked Cam Newton a question about one of his receivers

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton apologized Thursday for using Cheap NFL Jerseys,words that were "extremely degrading and disrespectful to women" when he responded to a question asked Wednesday by Jourdan Rodrigue, a reporter for The Charlotte Observer, that "it's funny to hear a female talk about routes."


After careful thought, I understand my word choice was extremely degrading and disrespectful to women, and to be honest, that was not my intentions. And if you are a person who took offense to what I said, Jerseys NFL Wholesale,I sincerely apologize to you. I'm a man who tries to be a positive role model in my community and tries to use my platform to inspire others. I take ownership to everything that comes with that, and what I did was extremely unacceptable. I'm a father to two beautiful daughters, and at their age, I try to instill in them that they can do and be anything that they want to be. The fact that during this whole process, I've already lost sponsors and countless fans, I realize that the joke was really on me. I've learned a valuable lesson from this. To the young people who see this, I hope that you learn something from this as well. Don't be like me. Be better than me. To the reporters, to the journalists, to the moms, super moms, to the daughters, the sisters and the women all around the world, I sincerely apologize and hope that you can find the kindness in your heart to forgive me.

Newton has received heavy criticism for the remarks made to Rodrigue during a news conference Wednesday, which have affected his relationship with sponsors.

Panthers spokesperson Steven Drummond issued a statement Wednesday stating, "I have spoken with Jourdan and Cam and I know they had a conversation where he expressed regret for using those words. We strive as a department to make the environment for media comfortable to everyone covering the team."

Panthers coach Ron Rivera acknowledged Newton said something "he shouldn't have said."

Rodrigue released a statement Wednesday regarding Newton's comments.

"This afternoon, I did my job as an NFL Wholesale Jerseys,beat writer and asked Cam Newton a question about one of his receivers. I was dismayed by his response, which not only belittled me but countless other women before me and beside me who work in similar jobs," Rodrigue said.

"I sought Mr. Newton out as he left the locker room a few minutes later. He did not apologize for his comments."

After Newton's comment became a national storyline, three past tweets of Rodrigue's came to light in which she was racially insensitive. Rodrigue posted an apology Thursday morning on Twitter.


Per the NFLWholesale Jerseys Free Shipping,, "The comments are just plain wrong and disrespectful to the exceptional female reporters and all journalists who cover our league. They do not reflect the thinking of the league."

评论

此博客中的热门博文

NFL Jerseys 2018

Los Angeles Chargers' Hunter Henry (86) celebrates his touchdown catch with Tyrell Williams (16) and Keenan Allen (13) in the second half of an NFL football game against the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017, in Arlington, Texas. LOS ANGELES (AP) — When the Chargers started the season 0-4, relocation appeared to be no cure for this franchise's recent history of heartbreakingly  Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys , close defeats and painful losing seasons. Coach Anthony Lynn wasn't a part of those previous teams in San Diego, and his exciting Los Angeles Chargers are on an undeniable upward swing. The Chargers (5-6) are getting a long weekend off with their families after capping back-to-back victories in five days with  a 28-6 road rout  of the Dallas Cowboys. That Thanksgiving outing was LA's third game in 12 days overall, but surviving that packed schedule has allowed the Chargers to get a few extra days of rest when they really need it for the playoff pu...

Sammy Watkins was having a strong game for the Los Angeles Rams against the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday

Sammy Watkins was having a strong game for the Los Angeles Rams against the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night before being sidelined by injury in the fourth quarter. Cheap NFL Jerseys ,   Watkins left for the locker room with about seven minutes left in the Rams' 41-39 victory and was placed into concussion protocol, Jerseys NFL Wholesale ,  Rams coach Sean McVay said after the game. Watkins was examined in the sideline medical tent before walking under his own power to the locker room. A short time later, Rams pass-catcher Tavon Austin also left for the locker room and was placed in concussion protocol, McVay said. Before leaving, Watkins made six catches for 106 yards and two touchdowns. Watkins and Austin weren't the only players who were injured in the hard-hitting game. Rams defensive back Lamarcus Joyner suffered a hamstring injury in the first half and John Sullivan injured his groin. For the 49ers, safety Jaquiski Tartt and linebacker Brock Coyle each ...

Kyrie Irving scored 21 points, Al Horford had 15 and the Boston Celtics won for the first time

Boston Celtics' Jayson Tatum (0) drives to the basket past Philadelphia 76ers' Dario Saric in the first half of an NBA basketball game, Friday, Oct. 20, 2017, in Philadelphia. PHILADELPHIA ( Cheap NFL Jerseys ) — Kyrie Irving scored 21 points, Al Horford had 15 and the Boston Celtics won for the first time since losing Gordon Hayward, 102-92 over the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday night. The Celtics lost their first two games after Hayward went down in the opener with a mangled ankle that may cost him the season. Horford and Irving took over down the stretch to quiet a raucous 76ers'  Jerseys NFL Wholesale , crowd in the home opener. Jayson Tatum scored 15 points and had Terry Rozier III had 14 to keep the Celtics afloat with a makeshift lineup. Boston snapped a tie game with an 11-4 run late in the fourth that steadied a franchise still reeling from Hayward's injury. Joel Embiid knows the feeling of missing an entire season. The Sixers center missed his first ...